[lug] Sys-V init stuff

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 24 14:39:36 MST 2002

Ferdinand Schmid wrote:

> delete what I don't need.  Some other distros (TurboLinux, SuSE and most
> likely more) offer this and other help like <<hardening>> scripts.

I'm looking for a GUI (or preferably curses-style) front-end to
Redhat's chkconfig Sys-V init management program.  One of the things
that takes me the longest after installing a system is wading through
the services and running 'chkconfig --level 2345 whatever off'
something like 15 or 20 times.  Recommendations to speed this process?
  It's probably already in there and I've just missed it.

--

   - John Hernandez - Network Engineer - 303-497-6392 -
  |  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration   |