[lug] linux on sparc

Ken Weinert mc at morat.net
Fri Jan 25 12:50:47 MST 2002

A couple of us have acquired some old sparc machines (the company has 0
valued them and is giving them away) and I plan on using one of them as a
firewall.

Any gotchas about installing ultraLinux on these kind of boxes? Any pointers
on where to look? I've found the SuSE distro for these boxes and since that's
what I'm running at work (SuSE) that's what I intend on installing.

X isn't important - I just want to play with clustering and use one for a
firewall, so terminal access across the lan will be fine.

Thanks for any info/pointers.

Ken Weinert   mc at morat.net
GnuPG KeyID: 9274F1CE           GnuPG available at http://www.gnupg.org/
GnuPG Key Fingerprint: 1D87 3720 BB77 4489 A928  79D6 F8EC DD76 9274 F1CE
Acronym -- CYA   Cover Your Ass