[lug] Website links

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Jan 26 16:55:48 MST 2002

On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 07:06:16AM -0800, Kyle Moore wrote:
>Is there any way of stopping this? I changed the name of the image so it
>doesn't show up in the spam anymore but that doesn't stop people from
>emailing me (now mail admin/postmaster too) saying we are sending them

The first thing I'd probably do is replace the image in question with a B&W
text image saying something like "If you're moronic enough to read the
following, you deserve what you get."  In 70 point font, even...

To stop the spam responses, just set up a "postmaster2" account or
something, set up an auto-responder on the original, then tell senders that
you didn't send it, point them at who to complain at, and if it's about
something other than that, contact postmaster2.

Sean
--
 Examine what is said, not who speaks.  (Arabian Proverb)