[lug] chessy nat cisco 678

Chip Atkinson chip at rmpg.org
Mon Jan 28 08:12:31 MST 2002

How does it suck?  If you have an IP address that is assigned by DHCP, I
don't believe that you can avoid NAT on your 678 unless you get it to work
in bridging mode rather than PPP mode.  I don't know if you can do that
though.  You could try it and see if you can set up you linux box on the
other end of the 678 to handle ppp over ethernet.

Chip