[lug] chessy nat cisco 678

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Mon Jan 28 10:41:57 MST 2002

Indeed, bridging mode makes NAT not needed.  However, your ISP would
have to support bridging.  I think most are one or the other -- bridged
or PPP.  If you can't use bridged, then Cisco gets its own IP.  My ISP
might be one of the few left that uses bridging (Forethought.net), as it
seems like everybody is on PPP.

Tim