[lug] Xinetd Based Services

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Tue Jan 29 12:14:43 MST 2002

Add this to the list: They are often useful for developing network
applications as a kind of blank "stub" function. I would never make
those ports accessible to the whole world, but I do on occasion use echo
and chargen and daytime to test things (not very often, but they are
quite useful when needed). They should all be off unless you are
debugging or developing. Turn them on temporarily and telnet to those
ports just to see (only for tcp versions).

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com