[lug] trn vs. attbi ???

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Tue Jan 29 21:21:07 MST 2002

scoffin at attbi.com wrote:

> Is anyone using "trn" with the new netnews.attbi.com news server??
> I'm getting a lot of segmentation faults (seemingly random) when I
> try to do this.  The thing is, I did not change my system at all,
> and my trn worked fine for the last several years on netcom,
> earthlink, and @home.

strace was already mentioned. Also you might run ldd on the binary to
see what libraries it wants, and then check that the libraries are
compatible in version number to what it wants. Unless you compiled from
source on your own system, in which case it is irrelevant, but it isn't
unusual for precompiled binaries to have been built against slightly
different versions than the lib's you have on the system.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com