[lug] Name Server reset to incorrect value at startup

Eric Collins Eric.M.Collins at Colorado.EDU
Wed Jan 30 16:52:20 MST 2002

In my installation of Red Hat 7.1, the Name Server field in
/etc/resolv.conf keeps getting reset to an old value at startup. I think
that the kernel must be pulling this value from a file somewhere and
replacing it every time I reboot. Also, starting sendmail during boot-up
takes over 2 minutes, but I think this is due to the fact that the network
settings do not get resolved correctly before sendmail is started.
If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
Eric Collins