[lug] Re: Coding night questions

Chris Riddoch socket at peakpeak.com
Wed Jan 30 19:20:50 MST 2002

"D. Stimits" <stimits at idcomm.com> writes:

> I would consider one machine, but the monitor changes everything. My
> main machine is actually in a large case, and weighs in excess of 110
> pounds (purchased with expansion in mind).

Geez, man. You should upgrade to a lighter model. ;)

There's a few loading docks at the engineering center, and with a
little coordination, someone could meet you at the door and take your
computer to the room while you get a parking spot, and have it at the
room roughly around the time you'd be there.

This is, in fact, how I'm expecting the installfest to work.

> > I was going to bring one of those i-Openers for somone to use, but she's
> > able to get a SSH client on her Mac laptop.  Perhaps you could make a
> > similar deal there?
>
> I don't know anyone there (that I know of), I might show up once without
> a machine just to see what goes on.

Well, it's rather short notice to do anything tomorrow, especially
since I haven't been by the place to go to reserve a room yet. But I
might hang out there.

--
Chris Riddoch       | epistemological
socket at peakpeak.com | humility