Was: [lug] February talk -- Now: GNU automake/autoconf/libtool

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Thu Jan 31 11:39:07 MST 2002

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Ed> Perhaps we could persuade Tom Tromey:
> Ed>   http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/
> Ed> to give a talk on automake/autoconf/libtool.
>
> I'd be willing to give it a try.  As Mr. Stimits (I feel strange
> writing "D" -- and even the Mr. is an assumption) points out, it's a
> rather large topic.  I guess I could make a kind of intro talk --
> discuss a bit of the history, how the tools fit together, what they
> do, without getting too deep into the details.

The "D" helps my mail filters. A long time ago I had lots of problems
with automated spiders and spam programs trying to send fake personal
letters, and ended up using the "D." to find out where it was being
mined. I simply stuck with it. It is "Dan" though, if anyone wants to
know.

I would love to have a session on autoconf and family. Especially if the
underlying code sample or information was C++.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com