[lug] How do you make sound work?

Glenn Murray gmurray at Mines.EDU
Fri Feb 1 12:50:55 MST 2002

It turns out that there is a sndconfig deb in unstable, dependent on a
bunch of other unstable stuff.

Well, I did the alien thing and created a .deb of sndconfig_0.50.  I
stopped the X server and ran it; it found a sound card but said it was
an "unknown device"---and that was all she wrote.

It is becoming apparent to me that sound is not for mortals running
Debian 2.2.  It looks like there will be more support for this sort of
frippery in the woody release which may happen any year now.

Thanks,
Glenn Murray
http://www.mines.edu/~gmurray