[lug] How do you make sound work?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri Feb 1 15:37:13 MST 2002

Haha.. cheat.

Find a real SoundBlaster card on Ebay cheap and type...

modprobe sb

:-)

Okay this might not be accurate, it was a LONG time ago I set up sound on
Debian but with the right sound cards the standard OSS support in the kernel
works a heck of a lot better than messing around with ALSA, IMHO.

Actually I think in the Debian machine it has an Ensoniq AudioPCI or
something equally as gross, but the kernel module loaded instantaneously and
worked first time out!

Nate, nate at natetech.com