[lug] Re: [CLUE-Talk] Why *YOU* should join the Hacking Society

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Tue Feb 5 09:52:00 MST 2002

On Tue, 2002-02-05 at 00:24, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> Hey folks...  I thought I should drop a message to the folks "down south"
> about the new craze that is sweeping the ...  Well, let's just say it's
> sweeping!  :-P

Please forgive my cross-posting...

Though I've never attended one, I think the Hacking Society

  http://www.hackingsociety.com/

idea that Sean and others have described is interesting.  I'd like to
show up for the ones in either Ft. Collins or Boulder but the distance
is a problem.  With the evening commute situation, I could easily spend
more time stuck in traffic than coding.

So how about we start one here at Mines?  Its a convenient location for
a fair slice of the western-Denver area.  The parking situation is quite
nice here in the evening (plenty of free spots!) and we could probably
get permission for both meeting space and ethernet connectivity without
too much trouble.

If any local folks are are interested, please contact me.  I could make
the arrangements for a first meeting...

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD