[lug] Weird Experience

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Tue Feb 5 11:52:32 MST 2002

Thus spoke J. Wayde Allen
> Not sure what to make of the following.
>
> I was sitting here in my office with my Debian box running as usual.  I
> happened to notice a fairly large amount of disk activity but didn't think
> much of it, until I looked at the screen.  The image on my desktop was no
> longer what I had set it to me, but rather a collection of what looked
> like advertising logos, although some of them looked like they had bee cut
> up and weren't complete.  The system itself seemed to be
> operational.  Logging out and then back in gave me back my usual desktop.
>
> I'm just wondering what happened?  Something odd between the screen saver
> and web browser ...?  Hacking activity ...?

I think that's a new screensaver.  I've seen it on my laptop too, but
haven't verified that it is a screensaver.  My other boxes don't have it,
and only my laptop is configured with the default settings for the
screensaver (the others just use the Matrix program).  I could be wrong
though - I haven't really checked on it.

--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com