[lug] how secure is Netscape 6.x?

Peter Hutnick peter at fpcc.net
Sat Feb 9 13:06:53 MST 2002

On Saturday 09 February 2002 12:54 pm, qqq1one at yahoo.com wrote:
> OK, so not even NS 4 was ever OS'd.  Well, do BLUGers recommend mozilla
> then?  Or perhaps Konqueror instead?  I'm looking for a safe (as in
> secure), stable browser that works on all web features (excluding
> MS-only features, of course).

Mozilla is good, but super bloated.  Konq is sweet, and uses netscape
plugins, but doesn't work with quite as many sites.

I use konq unless it just won't work with a particular site.  I which case I
use Mozilla.  I like Mozilla, but it is just too slow (on my PII 266 w/ 96M)
for normal use.

Does anyone know how to get Mozilla to use the nice, anti-aliased fonts that
konq uses under RH 7.2?

-Peter