[lug] Privacy

Rob Riggs rob at pangalactic.org
Sun Feb 10 23:20:58 MST 2002

Universal Declaration of Human Rights; Article 12.
http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.html. Amazing that so many Americans
are unfamiliar with its tenets.

As a member of the UN, the US is responsible for upholding these rights.

http://www.aclu.org/students/slprivacy.html -- validates the comments
regarding the 4th amendment and the right to privacy.

Also note that the U.S. consititution is only there to control the
interaction between the government and the people. It does not restrict
actions between individuals. There is no such limit on the UDHR. These
are "universal" rights.

-Rob