[lug] off topic, spam laws - not really

Riggs, Rob RRiggs at doubleclick.net
Mon Feb 11 10:11:42 MST 2002

It's not in their (Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.) economic interest to go after
everyone who uses their domain name in a forged "From:" header. Nor is it
their responsibility. Lawyers cost money. That many lawyers would cost a lot
of money.

It can't hurt to forward all spam to the FTC. However, like you, I wonder
whether it's just a black hole.

-Rob