[lug] penguin computing

Richard Fifarek rfifarek at silug.org
Mon Feb 11 15:47:43 MST 2002

	As a former employee of Penguin Computing, I can probably speak to
this with some authority.

	The quality of their (hardware) products is on par with Dell,
perhaps better.  Penguin's technical support and customer service is what
set's them apart.  All of the tech support staff are Penguin employees,
fully versed in Tier 1/2 Linux questions/issues, and the Engineering staff
backs them up for higher level/more complex problems.

	For onsite 24x7 support, they contract out a company (don't recall
which at the moment), but the general consensus while I was there was that
the contractor was doing well.

	I was the head Sys Admin for Penguin, and of course used all of
it's products to do my job, and I was quite pleased with the
performance/reliability of the hardware.

	     Richard H. Fifarek	       		rfifarek at silug.org