[lug] PostgreSQL and MySQL?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Feb 11 16:38:41 MST 2002

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 04:34:58PM -0700, Justin wrote:
>Is it possible to co-host both of these databases on the same server?
>I'm currently running PgSQL but have some users that would like to see

It works no problem...  They don't conflict at all, unless you're hitting
them so heavily that combined they want more than 100% of any of the system
resources.  For example, if your Postgres database needed 60% of your disc
IO subsystem bandwidth, and MySQL wanted the other 60%...

We have both pgsql and mysql running on a number of servers, simply because
different software we use relies on different databases.

Sean
--
 I didn't spend 6 years in evil medical school to be called *MISTER* Evil!
                 -- Dr. Evil, _Austin_Powers:_International_Man_of_Mystery_