[lug] Re: ftp problem

John Karns jkarns at csd.net
Tue Feb 12 11:06:06 MST 2002

Could not login to FTP server

Sorry, you must allow reverse DNS lookups.
Contact your system administrator.

I just looked at the www page related to the pkg I'm interested in, and it
says:

This ftp server will require the ability to do a reverse-DNS lookup to see
where you are connecting from. If you get refused a connection because of
this then I cannot help you, the problem is at your end, contact your ISP.

Can anyone tell me if this is something I should be concerned about?
I.e., is it something that most ISP's take care of, and mine is just being
lame in this respect?

John Karns                                        jkarns at csd.net