[lug] Re: ftp problem

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Feb 12 14:50:42 MST 2002

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 02:38:30PM -0700, D. Stimits wrote:
>I think some ISP's don't provide reverse lookup just to save some money.
>Whether or not it is a good security measure is somewhat irrelevant, if
>you pay for the ISP, the ISP should give you the service.

I think you'd be hard pressed to show a cost benefit to not providing
reverse -- even if it reverses to a "dialup-123.isp.example.com" or
something...  If you're an ISP, you SHOULD be providing reverse, because
there are problems with many services if you don't (like IRC).

Sean
--
 You know you're in Canada when:  A radio advertisement comes on advertising
 "Buy a case of beer, get a free touque."