[lug] Re: ftp problem

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Feb 12 18:54:14 MST 2002

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 03:05:32PM -0700, Warren Sanders wrote:
>How does one remove this feature from ssh/http/ftp?  I just recently had
>this problem with my own server co-located.  I got with a new ISP and a

Do "man sshd" and search for "reverse"...  I believe that's the setting
which controls disabling it on SSH.  For FTP it would be a similar process,
though it would depend on the FTP server what the exact location/setting
would be to change.  HTTP doesn't usually do it, because reverse lookups
take very long, however it is possible to set it up that way...  Look in
the apache docs for "reverse".

>via all methods ssh/http/ftp to my RH6.2 and another RH7.2 server.  It
>took sometimes up to a full minute to get a login prompt.  Another

Yep, usually reverse lookups will time out after a minute...

Sean
--
 "Your documents always look so good."  "That's because I keep my laser-printer
 set on ``stun''."  -- Sean Reifschneider, 1998