[lug] RH and libpcap

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Wed Feb 13 13:24:24 MST 2002

"Riggs, Rob" wrote:

> Eh? It's part of the tcpdump source package.

Then it seems that this is one of the sources of package splits for what
is found where in different rpm based distros. According to the hping2
rpm, I need libpcap-devel. There is a libpcap and libpcap-devel rpm for
other distros, so it seems that it is just a different view of dividing
it into smaller packages in other distros. *sigh* I will try a nodeps
and force on a rebuild then, hopefully headers will also be in place.
There have been other packages I've noticed that want this as well.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com