[lug] February 14, 2002 - Boulder Linux User Group Meeting

rm at fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Thu Feb 14 05:32:24 MST 2002

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 09:27:39PM -0700, D. Stimits wrote:
> Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 12:45:22AM -0700, Chris Riddoch wrote:
> > >Demo:    None this month
> >
> > I'd be willing to give a demo of Distributed Authoring and Versioning
> > (DAV).  This is a mechanism for gaining remote access by multiple users to
> > web content, including updating it.
>
> I'd certainly be interested, especially if it can work over an ssh
> tunnel.

Well, it's an extension of the venerable HTTP protocol so you get SSL
encryption for free.
There's a rather interessting extension to WebDAV called DeltaV that
deals with versioning. Sbversion, a promissing CVS substitution uses
DeltaV and Apache2 as the remote protocol. They use the neon DAV library
(www.webdav.org/neon) which is a pretty neat C-library that handles most
of the DAV/DeltaV proocol.

BTW: subversion has some (highly experimental) SWIG code for Python
bindings. This might be a good starting point for DeltaV tests with
Python.

   Ralf