[lug] LaTeX to Word Doc/RTF

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Mon Feb 18 14:37:33 MST 2002

"Trever M. Shick" wrote:

> I usually maintain three versions (2 normal, 1 other convertable)
> First - Word (always) recruiters are just users, they don't use stuff
>         like Latex...
> Second - Text
>         This is always good to have around incaseyou have to send it
>         in e-mail to a mac person or paste it on a job site.
>
> Third - HTML I usually just produce this though from the Word version.
>
> I would argue that if you are going to lose formatting in HTML, then your
> resume is "too" formatted... you can format just about anything in HTML
> given the time and patience and Guinness.

I would disagree with this, not because what you say is untrue, but
because html often does not print and display the same. Even a rather
blah unformatted html document changes on every possible browser and
printer. I find printing html to be very annoying, and the way the
common browsers like to break things even more annoying.

So far everyone that has asked for a Word format doc has said they will
accept a pdf formatted doc, at least of those I have run into. You might
look into pdf and ask if they will accept it. If you do run into a good
conversion tool I'd like to know as well.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com