[lug] LaTeX to Word Doc/RTF

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Wed Feb 20 09:41:26 MST 2002

On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 20:39, Daniel Webb wrote:
> On 19 Feb 2002, Ed Hill wrote:
>
> > Doesn't surprise me at all.  Plenty of journals have never used (La)TeX
> > and probably never will.
>
>   What do most journals use, by the way?  I have only published once at
> this point, and we submitted in Word (this was before I knew LaTeX).  Now
> that I have used LaTeX for a while, using Word is like pulling teeth.

Good question.  I don't know what is the most common.  Some use Adobe
Pagemaker and some use QuarkXPress.  And some journals with plenty of
mathematical typesetting use a version of (or set of macros for) TeX.
Of my last three submissions, two were electronic (they were happy to
take the LaTeX source and the generated PDFs on CDRs) and one was on
paper.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD