[lug] Hacking Society meeting location

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Feb 20 13:37:10 MST 2002

>> On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 09:56:36AM -0700, Chris Riddoch wrote: >The
>> room we've used in the Engineering Center for the installfest,
>> >previous meetings, and the Hacking Society has apparently been
>> >reserved out from under me.
>>
>> Any other rooms in that area?

Chris> Lots, yes. With power and network connections at every chair?
Chris> Not exactly...

well, we don't really need every chair. I can bring a wireless access
point and a switch/hub. All we really need is one active one...

>> >Anybody have ideas about where to do it? Preferably something open
>> >fairly late, accessible via RTD, and providing a network
>> connection.
>>
>> Hmm, the Falling Rock?  ;-)

Chris> A little googling tells me that you're referring to a bar in
Chris> LoDo, not too far from Coors field, and I have a vague memory
Chris> of a conversation once where it was mentioned that said bar is
Chris> geek-friendly, with at least ethernet.

well, yeah. They used to have a really good dsl, but it was via
speakeasy. ;(

I will check and see what the current status of it is. They also used
to have wireless. They also have beer. :)

Chris> I rather suspect it might be easier for me to get there than it
Chris> would to get to Kevin's place, the difference being that I know
Chris> the LoDo area better than I know where Kevin is and I wouldn't
Chris> have to transfer buses as much. And the regional buses go until
Chris> very late at night. Boulder would certainly be easier for me,
Chris> but I'm pretty sure it's easier for me to get to LoDo than
Chris> Kevin's.

yeah, it's pretty close to the bus station... an easy few blocks
walk. Yeah, the regonals that run to my house don't run very late
either. ;(

Chris> In any case, both sound like good choices. And either would
Chris> work, were I not dependent on the RTD. Of course, if someone
Chris> were to kindly provide me with other modes of transportation (I
Chris> live in North-ish Boulder but not north of Iris
Chris> *cough*hint*cough*), I'd just say let's have the Hacking
Chris> Society at Kevin's place this week.

well, either way is ok with me. Let me find out what the status of the
dsl/wireless at the falling rock is...

anyone else have a opinion?

Chris> -- Chris Riddoch | epistemological socket at peakpeak.com |
Chris> humility