[lug] IDE cd writer config

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Feb 23 12:11:10 MST 2002

On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 10:14:41AM -0700, Tony Dyson wrote:
>I've not yet found what instruction you'd have to add to /proc/cmdline
>to trigger this section. Has anyone used it, & should it be sufficient

You need to add "hdX=ide-scsi" to the kernel command-line (with "append" if
you're using lilo.conf, just by adding it to the command-line listed in
grub.conf if you're using that).  Where "hdX" is the device name that the
CD burner shows up on (for example, "hdc" if it's the secondary channel
master device).

Sean
--
 "The great thing about Meat Loaf is he's his own special effect." -- J.S.