[lug] Dhcpd issue

Justin glow at jackmoves.com
Tue Feb 26 17:15:45 MST 2002

I'm trying to setup a simple dhcpd server but it's turning out to not
be so simple. I just need it to serve a single ip for one windows
client. The ip is static, so I don't need a range, the dhcpd server
simply needs to provide the ip to this particular host everytime it
connects to the network. I tried setting up dhcpd.conf with "host"
specific declarations but it did not work:

subnet 206.247.117.0  netmask 255.255.255.240 {
   host muxcha {
   hardware ethernet 00-D0-59-15-FF-D9;
   fixed-address 206.247.117.66;
   option subnet-mask 255.255.255.240;
   option routers 206.247.117.65;
   default-lease-time 604800;
   max-lease-time 2592000;
   deny unknown-clients;
   deny bootp;
    }
It tells me this:
Bogus number: 00-D0-59-15-FF-D9

I don't even know if I have the config file right :/  The only other
idea I have is to set up a range for the subnet and just make the range
the ip that I want to give to this computer, like this:
subnet 206.247.117.64 netmask 255.255.255.240 {
   range 206.247.117.66 206.247.117.66;
   option subnet-mask 255.255.255.240;
   option routers 206.247.117.65;
   default-lease-time 604800;
   max-lease-time 2592000;
   deny unknown-clients;
   deny bootp;
    }

Any ideas on a better way to do this? Or accomplish what I want to do
in the first place? TIA.

Justin

-----
glow at jackmoves.com