Colorado Technical Recuiting Network - RE: [lug] greetings from raleigh

Fred Robinson fred.robinson at sipfusion.com
Thu Feb 28 09:17:08 MST 2002

I concur with the gentleman from Boulder, Nate, our job market is
practically non-existent in the Denver-Boulder metro area.  I myself am
unemployed and have been looking for work for about 5 weeks and my progress
in identifying interest in my skills has been slow to date (I'm an IP
Network Architect, telecommunications, emphasis in VoIP and SIP).

However, you can try the Colorado Technical Recruiting Network (CTRN)
http://www.ctrn.org/4classic.htm
In the middle of the page is a block called "Hot Pages."  In this block is a
link to "Member Recruiters."  Since this a resource for recruiting it's not
very useful for finding jobs per se, but it is an exceptional resource for
location a number of recruiters whom you might expect know where the jobs
are in this economy, given that their livelihood depends on knowing where
the jobs are.  So, if you have a specific skill area, company of interest,
or job type you're looking for I encourage to you blast the list.  Don't
worry, it's not spamming if your inquiry is legitimate, that's what the list
is for.  Also note that each email address has an anti-spam *NOSPAM*
inserted in it, you'll have to remove the *nospam* from the address before
sending, obviously.

So, here are the stats on the list, there are approx. 325 recruiters on the
list.  I sent email, with a canned "Letter of Interest" note in the body of
the email and attached my resume, to all 325.  Approx. 60 of the 325 were
returned, undeliverable, and of the remaining 265 valid email addresses I
received 38 responses thus far.  I'm not cataloguing good from bad
addresses, all I can advise is send to all.  Those who are active and are
interested in your skills/resume will respond.  While I haven't gotten a job
yet I now have 38 recruiters aware of my search and putting their feelers
out.  Not bad.

 Fred Robinson
Operator, SIPFusion
  sipfusion

(SIPFusion is a not for profit business development project)
558 Copperdale Ln.
Golden, CO 80403
fred.robinson at sipfusion.com
office: 303.642.8061