[lug] 802.11b wireless

Warren Sanders sanders at montanalinux.org
Thu Feb 28 15:26:14 MST 2002

J. Wayde Allen wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
>

>>I'm not sure -- I got mine via the net.  We could loan you our spare one,
>>though...
>>

> Looks like there is a LinkSys access point in stock at the Boulder CompUSA
> store for $180
>
>    http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=280108
>
> Not necessarilly the least expensive option, but it could work for
> instant gratification.  Anyone know much about this box?

That's the one we got.  Works well but as others have said, watch the different

versions of the cards.  We had to replace our 802.11 cards to work with this newer

protocol 802.11b.  If you use windows to set it up, I discovered that
using encription and mac security I had to re-save the password every
time I added new mac addresses...  Ours was $180 too from Best Buy.

--
Warren Sanders
http://MontanaLinux.Org