[lug] wine, vmware,etc?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Feb 28 16:04:31 MST 2002

Thus spoke Elyse Grasso
> I have a nagging memory that at one of the BLUG meetings (possibly as the 10
> minute demo) we were shown a product other than vmware or wine that could be
> used for running windows apps on a linux box. (I'm pretty sure this other
> product had a moderate pricetag.)

Not sure if this is the one you wanted, but

Win4Lin:
http://www.netraverse.com/products/win4lin30/index.php

No idea if it runs the app you wanted.  I tried it once and it seemed to run
Win98 just fine as long as you weren't using any DirectX stuff, which is
usually just used in games.
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com