[lug] wine, vmware,etc?

BOF bof at pcisys.net
Thu Feb 28 18:46:47 MST 2002

Bryan Field-Elliot wrote:

> Why are you looking for an alternative to VMWare? I haven't checked
> their prices in a while but when I bought it (over a year ago), I
> think I paid under $100.

Last year, you could buy VMWare Lite that would run just Win98 for $79
or so, and the full-blown version of VMWare for $99 or $129, if I recall.

This year, VMWare Lite is not available (albeit there are rumors that it
might be soon --- don't hold your breath), and VMWare is $299, with a
upgrade from v2.0 to v3.0 for only $99 (online) or $129 (CD and manuals.)

I think they saw us coming and raised the price ... <g>

BOF