[lug] scp tools?

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Tue Mar 12 16:25:04 MST 2002

>>>>> "Scott" == Scott A Herod <herod at interact-tv.com> writes:

Scott> sftp is included in the rpm: openssh-clients-3.1p1-1
Scott> Would it work?

my inference was that he wanted a graphical client.

DS> I'm curious if anyone here knows of a tool that does scp in a way
DS> that is similar to gftp. I love gftp, but hate ftp insecurities.

if you use emacs, there's "tramp", a tool (like ange-ftp or efs) which
allows transparent access to files through ssh/scp (including dired,
for browsing directories).

failing that (let's not talk about how *big* a failure that is...), i
found this list of ssh clients.  some of them are graphical:

   http://www.linuxmafia.com/pub/linux/security/ssh-clients

doing searches for "scp x11" or "scp graphical linux" on google turned
up some good stuff.  it looks like there's a plugin for kde that
allows the use of "scp://..." URLs.

hth,
t.