[lug] Help!

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Mar 13 09:53:38 MST 2002

>> Try booting with:
>>
>> linux init=/bin/bash
>>
>> and see if that works. Looks like your init package is messed up or
>> the partition with the init package on it.

Terry> That didn't work, so I booted into rescue mode using the KRUD
Terry> CD and ran e2fsck. No errors reported, same results when I
Terry> rebooted.

ok, so you can see your install on /dev/hdb1?

Is there a /mnt/sysimage/sbin/init ?

Terry> A little more information - the last few lines on the screen
Terry> are: pivotroot: pivot_root (/sysroot,/sysroot/initrd) failed: 2
Terry> freeing unused kernel memory. 224k freed.  Kernel panic: no
Terry> init found.

hum...looks like the initrd might have problems...

boot from the rescue cd, and try doing:

chroot /mnt/sysimage
mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.4.9-31.img 2.4.9-31
/sbin/lilo

and then try booting.

also, did you make a boot floppy? Have you tried that?
you can make one with:

mkbootdisk 2.4.9-31

kevin
--