[lug] How to remove "Last login:" line at login?

Jonathan Briggs zlynx at acm.org
Wed Mar 13 11:14:54 MST 2002

It looks like sshd has an option named PrintLastLog. (man sshd)
And I took this paragraph from man login:

       If the file .hushlogin exists, then a  "quiet"  login  is  performed
       (this  disables  the  checking  of mail and the printing of the last
       login time and message of the day).  Otherwise, if  /var/log/lastlog
       exists,  the  last  login  time is printed (and the current login is
       recorded).