[lug] scp tools?

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Thu Mar 14 00:08:38 MST 2002

Peter Hutnick wrote:

> On Wednesday 13 March 2002 02:23 pm, D. Stimits wrote:
> > Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't seem to use
> > wildcards with scp, thus I wanted a tool to bulk select.
>
> That's weird.  Since there is no way to do command line completion with scp I
> often get "file_I-want-to_get.something.blah.tGz by "scp
> peter at remotehost:~/file_I*" so I don't get tripped up by a stupid capitol or
> something.  I haven't tried more elaborate stuff like "file[0-5] or anything
> like that . . .

I've always ended up with an error, but I can't say that I've played
around with it. One of the things that I wish to do is to name and copy
an entire directory, recursively. With gftp I can do that now, and in
fact even multiple directories in one selection. Perhaps that was sftp
though, I don't recall if it was that or scp at the time. I've switched
back and forth. Someone else mentioned the banner getting in the way,
and I know that this has been a problem for me in the past; back then I
might have not noticed the banner and made the assumption it was
something else failing.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com