Academic exercises (was: Re: [lug] File modification)

sdlockhart at bigplanet.com sdlockhart at bigplanet.com
Thu Mar 14 17:00:58 MST 2002

Rob,
How about this quote, which I picked up from a potential employer during my first set of interviews for a job after I graduated from college:
"The only thing that I learned in college was how to get from the Frat House to the Shi* House".
So much for busting my hump to boost my GPA!!!

Teachers steeped in academia really don't have a clue what employers want or need.  Unless the teacher has actually worked in industry in the past 5 years as a REAL employee, take their platitudes with a HUGE grain of salt (like the size of the Great Salt Lake).

Just the opinion of a working stiff,
Scott Lockhart
Oracle Database Administrator
I-Link