[lug] Cgi Scripts Don't Work

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Fri Mar 15 14:45:53 MST 2002

"D. Stimits" wrote:

> SoloCDM wrote:
> >
> > With Apache 1.3.22 on Linux with kernel 2.2.19 is the cgi
> > scripts suppose to work at installation time in the cgi-bin
> > (/var/www/cgi-bin)?  I went through the settings for ExecCGI,
> > AddHandler, and Directory.  Everything is activated and pointing
> > to the directory for the cgi-bin, except for "Options -Indexes
> > FollowSymLinks MultiViews."  What is missing?

You've got something like the following in your httpd.conf file:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/www/cgi-bin/"

<Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Also, I spent a couple of hours when I redid my server because I
forgot to restart httpd.

Scott