[lug] giFT

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Sun Mar 17 17:27:59 MST 2002

j davis wrote:

> hi,
>
> I am trying use giFT to share files on the fast trac network. gift has a
> dameon
> that runs and contacts the fst track network...you use a cgi script from a
> web server
> to search the network via the cgi through the dameon.I just started apache
> with out a virt. web and droped the script into /var/www/cgi-bin. the script
> starts and i can tell its talking to the daemon and making request
> (tcpdump). However no files ever
> show up....can some one help.Am i doing the cgi right?

Check /var/log/httpd for logs. See what they say. Use tail -f to monitor
the logs during the web server restart (e.g., "/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd
restart" before trying to view anything), and also while trying to use
the cgi url. Also, if files are supposed to be created, be sure that the
user that apache runs as has permission to do so (probably user
"apache"). You can do this as root and become "apache": "su -l apache",
then cd to the place it should write, and try writing a file.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com