[lug] Frame Relay

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Mar 18 00:27:13 MST 2002

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 10:28:47AM -0700, Riggs, Rob wrote:
>Are you getting a decent price from Qwest & ISP? Why 128K FR as opposed to
>ISDN? Just curious...

ISDN prices, as you may have noticed, have sky-rocketed...  I'd guess that's
why.  Hell, if you have to pay for both ends of an ISDN line, it may
actually be *CHEAPER* to get a T1 (if both end-points are close enough
together).

On this note, I have a Sangoma card which I know handles PTP and FR T1
lines, and possibly smaller, plus has a built-in CSU/DSU, that I'd be
willing to part with.  We have had one installed in a client's office for 3
years or so now and it's been super reliable.  Nice to be able to just plug
a T1 into your Linux box...  ;-)

Sean
--
 This must be where pies go when they die...
                 -- Special Agent Cooper, _Twin_Peaks_