[lug] Frame Relay

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Mon Mar 18 00:39:13 MST 2002

Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 10:28:47AM -0700, Riggs, Rob wrote:
> >Are you getting a decent price from Qwest & ISP? Why 128K FR as opposed to
> >ISDN? Just curious...
>
> ISDN prices, as you may have noticed, have sky-rocketed...  I'd guess that's
> why.  Hell, if you have to pay for both ends of an ISDN line, it may
> actually be *CHEAPER* to get a T1 (if both end-points are close enough
> together).

I live at a point in Longmont where lines don't support DSL, and getting
ISDN requires a booster. At one point I discovered that if I owned my
own equipment, and shopped, a T1 really is only a few bucks more than
ISDN here. If a half T1 were used, it becomes cheaper (there is an
enormous price range though in how much different people charge for
T's).

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com