[lug] image to pdf?

rm at fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Tue Mar 19 11:21:36 MST 2002

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 10:46:06AM -0700, D. Stimits wrote:
> What would be the recommended means of taking a color image and creating
> a pdf from it on linux? I have the image in multiple formats, though eps
> is not one of them. Is this "a job for LaTeX"? Or some other utility?

Probably the easiest solution would be 'ps2pdf' -- which just shifts your
problem to "how to create a ps from an image" ( i assume your original image
is a raster image and not a vector graphic). One tool for that task would be
'convert' from the ImageMagic family (upps, just saw that already has PDF
as a supported output format. Well, question answered, i guess :)

  Ralf M.