[lug] RPM --rebuild question

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Tue Mar 19 12:54:24 MST 2002

I have an rpm in source format, designed for Redhat. I'm doing a
--rebuild, but it says in the stage that works with configure:
  For your convenience, here's a summary of configure's results:
  Support for shared libraries:           yes
  C++ language binding for PDFlib:        no

Now this might actually be some other issue with what comes in the
download lib, that it doesn't support C++ language bindings. But it
leads me to the question, is there a way in a source rpm to directly
tell it to run the configure stage with --help? Can I tell an rpm
package directly to give me the output of "./configure --help" from
inside the project? If I wanted to pass a configure option during the
rebuild, "./configure --with-foo-bar", can I do this? Obviously rpm has
its own options, but can I access configure script options of autoconf
directly (I'm wondering in general, not just for this particular pdflib
rpm)?

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com