[lug] Printing to HP from OpenOffice

Elyse Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Wed Mar 20 10:18:45 MST 2002

Does anyone have an example of setting up OpenOffice to print to a Deskjet
which is attached to another pc on the network?

I'm using KRUD 7.2, so foomatic is installed.  KOffice seems able to print,
so I have connectivity to the printer. But the fragments of information I've
found about settings up non-postscript printers for OpenOffice don't want to
pull together into a coherent procedure in my mind.

I think printer configuration is the single biggest problem for Linux desktop
apps: I'm getting really annoyed at having to configure the printers
separately for every app I load.

Elyse Grasso