[lug] Linux client for Win2000 VPN server

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Mar 21 00:14:14 MST 2002

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 10:37:43AM -0700, Tkil wrote:
>i actually managed to get a combination of microsoft PPTP, PoPToP, and
>a linux firewall working, a few years ago. it wasn't pretty: at the
>time, the linux firewall capabilities needed to be patched to allow
>GRE packets through.

ipfwadm, from the 2.0 and earlier kernels, had to be patched to understand
GRE packets.  ipchains and iptables in 2.2 and 2.4 kernels should
understand them fine.

Sean
--
 The body is AMAZING!  Cut your hand, and a few days later you can't even
 tell.  What's wrong with the brain though?  I'm still pissed at my parents...