[lug] DHCP Migration

Harris, James James_Harris at maxtor.com
Thu Mar 21 13:17:05 MST 2002

You'll need to use dhcpd -- just remember to add the appropriate WINS
options to the scope.  I think the lastest version of dhcpd includes the
instructions on what they are.  The last time I set one up I used the info
included in the Samba documentation.

I don't personally know of any way that the database can be moved.  Watch
out on the reboot, however.  I ran into an issue with a lab once where we
did that and for some reason, just rebooting the 98 machines was not enough.
We actually had to release/renew them after rebooting.  It didn't make any
sense and I never had a chance to track the problem down (since the lab was
only about 12 workstations) but you may want to test before you do it.

Good luck!