[lug] cheap 802.11b for linux...

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Mar 21 15:09:29 MST 2002

J. Wayde Allen wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Rob Nagler wrote:
>
>>Is this an RP-TNC?  I bought 10 of these, if anybody wants to do
>>experimenting.   They are about $8 each, and amazingly hard to find.
>>I bought mine from http://www.pasternack.com/ but they have a minimum
>>order of $100.
>>

>TNC isn't the most popular connector, and it is only somewhat better than
>a BNC.  At these frequencies neither is a very good connector.

None of the AP makers appear to understand that they need N connectors
or better... heh heh... wonder why?  (The joke here of course, for those
that haven't seen N connectors is that they're HUGE.)

TNC's a good "trade-off" connector for size and loss it seems.  And
better yet, isn't proprietary -- you can actually find and buy them!

Anyone have any idea what that thing is on the end of the Orinoco cards
so we don't have to pay Lucent's prices for the pigtail to the
N-connector?  :-)  Or ideas on where to buy aftermarket pigtails for them?

Nate