[lug] cheap 802.11b for linux...

Rob Nagler nagler at bivio.biz
Thu Mar 21 20:41:17 MST 2002

J. Wayde Allen writes:
> On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Rob Nagler wrote:
>
> > No choice here.  The TNC is on the Linksys.  The BNC is on the
> > antenna ( http://www.superpass.com/SPDG16O.html )

Duh.  I mean N, not BNC.  The only weak point is the TNC and coax (and
my ability to crimp it.  :-)  I added a BNC to one of the D-Link cards
for testing.  The antennas all have N-type connectors.

> I've been looking at some of the weatherproof electrical boxes sold at
> Home Depot.  These cost about $20 and look like they'd work pretty well.

I am wondering if inside the roof is going to be cooler than in a box
(plastic) on the antenna.  I'm concerned about temperatures which
don't hit freezing in my attic or above 100 (guessing, I need a
thermometer up there).   A box outside will freeze which may affect
some of the components.  There's also the rapid temperature changes we
experience here.

Rob