[lug] Can't create union with classes that have copy CTOR's?

LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu
Fri Mar 22 12:49:34 MST 2002

Hey all,

I'm trying to create a union of 5 classes.  All five have copy constructors,
and the compiler is erroring out.  Albeit, I'm using Microsoft (sorry), but
there's nothing in their documentation that says this is specific to M$.

Is this ANSI complient?  You can't create a union of classes with copy CTOR's?
If so, why not?

Viggy

     This message was sent from Peak to Peak Internet.
 DSL - V.90 modems - Web Hosting and Business connectivity
          Please visit!  http://www.peakpeak.com
                    (888)-600-PEAK